Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Lord Let Me Survive to Thrive!

Life will definitely deal some ups and downs.  But I am mindful there is no testimony without a test, no message without a mess, and no victory without a victim.

I have been tested in many ways in my lifetime.  For some folks I make it too easy.  I have a good heart.  I easily help those who solicit my help.  I give over and above what others give to me. Some folks continually take my kindness as a weakness and trample all over it.  I know deep down inside it doesn't matter.  When I look back at the tests I've been through over the past seven to eight years I'm a living witness it has been God who has seen me through.

I will always remember when I was sick back in 2008 and my stay in the hospital.  I lost some days.  I didn't even know where I was at.  When I woke up I realized eventually I was in the hospital.  I could tell from the conversation at the nurse's desk right outside my room.  The lady doctor thought by my name being "Lynne" that I was white.  I heard her saying to the other nurses with a name like "Lynne" who would have imagined I was an African American woman.  Did I get offended by it?  No.  She ended up being one of the best doctors I had even though prior I only had doctors in a hospital for delivery of my children.  Of course you know I didn't make the invite list for their practice gatherings.  I know some who did.  You never know who knows who and the world all over doesn't live in a racist bubble.

Yes.  In my lifetime there have been some real messes.  The underlying message through it all is "stay strong".  Keep moving forward because with all things being equal you won't have to pay for the actions of others you will be accountable for your own actions.  I've seen where God has delivered me from a many situations that were messy.  When you are in certain professions people will form alliances against you not to succeed.  You won't make a dime.  But God is continually supplying all your needs.  Oh yes, there is a strong message in that.  The message I get from that is place my faith in him from which all blessings flow.  There is nothing another person can do against you that he can't recover you from.

I've been a victim of hate, backstabbing, deceit, betrayal, lies, being held down, being held back, being overlooked, being uninvited, being discredited, a whole lot of things.  But through it all I can say God gave me the victory.  Divine intervention is the only secret weapon I've ever needed.  He will reveal stuff to you in your darkest hour.  When people are trying to rattle your cage he will cement it into place.

People who know realize soon or later I choose my battles.  I don't battle over the inconsequential.  God gave me another chance to live.  The petty thoughts and petty ways die out with each test.  I get wiser with each message.  And Lord knows many times he gave me the victory and I didn't see it until I got over the other side.

As long as I can praise and bless Jesus name.  I don't need an invitation just an inclination that can only come from within.  The key thing is to not let anyone in.  Thank God he is the only one who can get in to the root of my soul.  Amen and Amen.  With him I am everything and without him I am nothing.

When I lived back in 2008 I knew it was because he wasn't done with me yet.  Even though I kept pressing on and got sicker when I should have stopped and rested he kept me here.  I've been praying every day hence that he would let me know my purpose.  What is my mission.  Give me my vision.  If I walk in they ways the Almighty has for me I won't go wrong.

Lord sometimes he knows I get tired of how other folks do and act.  I pray let me make money but don't let money make me.  Lift up my family.  Lord knows I pray for evil and wicked ways of others.  Lord knows I pray that people will start asking him to bless their mess.  It is so much easier for them to do right which doesn't require any thought.

But it constantly resonates in my mind he didn't keep me around for the misuse by others.  He kept me around not only as a survival tactic but a tactic to thrive.  Before I got sick I was doing very well.  I was at the highest height of my game on.  I am a believer he kept me around not only to survive to thrive!  By the Grace of God I feel a breakthrough coming around the bend.  There is no straight and narrow.  There are going to be trials and tribulations.  I'm ready, I got game in a good way.  It's the only way I know God will keep blessing me when others be stressing me.  He thankfully takes away the stress and I feel so bless.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment