Monday, February 11, 2013

I Found an Old Card Yesterday

Yesterday I was cleaning out my junk room aka my home office space.  As I was going through some filing cabinets I came across a red envelope which was sort of thick.  The flap was just tucked inside of the envelope.  It was unsealed so I opened it up and looked at it.  It was a Valentine's Day card inside that apparently I never mailed.  The envelope was not addressed and it did not have a stamp on it.

It was a musical Valentine's Day card.  Inside the card I had addressed it to the person I purchased it for and on the signature line I had signed "Love Always Lynne."

Isn't it funny how you think at one moment in time you are going to love someone always and then another moment it time you are faced with the reality you never thought always would come so soon.  I wonder if that's how someone came up with the broken heart pendants?  Darn things remembered.

Well to me he used to be special.  All I can say is thanks for the memories.  It's funny, the card plays "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah", not an enduring love song now is it?  Could that have been a sign?  Who knows. 

It was good while it lasted.  Not Mr. Right for Me but definitely not Mr. All Wrong, I would have even married dude. I'm glad it was an upbeat song!  Keep it moving.

Now only if that card would have come with instructions and I could have purchased it in advance (lol).

You know they say extraordinary comes from making the ordinary great.  I'll save my spill on that for a later blog.  I'm about to go kiss up to the folks I'll probably spend my Valentine's Day with:  old reliable aka my mother, and up and coming aka my two eldest granddaughters. 

For some reason with them I always seem to fit right in.  Peace and love!


Lynne



No comments:

Post a Comment