Sunday, December 19, 2010

I Know There Is A Big Part of Me I Need to Work On

I was raised by a very strong black woman. I wasn't taught to turn the other cheek when people get on my nerves. I was instructed to tell people to kiss my behind when they did something foul. In fact the response most of the time to when I told my grandma about any situation for advice her reply would be for me to "tell them to kiss your behind," end of discussion.

Of course I didn't pass this legacy down to my children. In fact, I tried to make them well-rounded by keeping them in structured environments and activities. I tried to encourage them to get along well with others. I think I went into overdrive. Two of my children friend network has led to most of the issues they face today. They seem to get along with people just fine. Me personally I can either take you or leave you. My upbringing encouraged to harbor no prisoners and don't get into likes and dislikes. I was always told when you dislike someone think about they probably dislike you more. I would like to think I treat all people fair.

Later in life my grandma did soften her approach and switched up and told me to tell them "I would tell you to kiss my ARSE but I think too much of it to let you kiss it."

But my all time favorite was when someone really made her mad she would tell them "I'll cut your ARSE too short to sh#&". No doubt I was raised to be a fighter.

On the other extreme my mom would send me to charm school session after session because she didn't like how rough I was. I remember going on 21st street on the second floor of a major department store retailer. I learned things like to cross my legs seven different ways. How to be very polite and say all the yes sirs and no sirs the law would allow.

It's funny how one woman who was important in my life didn't think I was tough enough and the other thought I was too rugged. Their demeanor is like night and day.

I guess in current day if I like someone I am the nicer person. If I don't like a particular person the grandma in me comes out.

Admittedly I have a lot of work to do on me. Most of the time the ruggedness stays at bay. I'm cool as a cucumber and can walk away. My politeness normally prevails.

I normally detest people with a bad character. If you're a good person you're cool with me. If you're corrupt, chauvinistic, liar, user, loser, along those lines you bring out the worse in me and I'll normally act accordingly.

However, if you are cool beans I'm cool beans as well. You can't have a better friend in your corner than me. I don't use the word friend loosely and I also don't use the word relationship loosely either.

Tonight I'm just saying "Get behind me Satan." I had a phone conversation which made me livid. I did well and carried it through. The more I think about it the warmer I get. I'm definitely not the type to argue. The last thing I'm ever going to tolerate is a long conversation with a chauvinistic man. His momma may put up with it but I didn't have him so I definitely don't have to put up with it.

The only man I'll tolerate being chauvinistic is my son or one of my grandsons. Any other man can kiss my ARSE. I don't have to listen to anything on my phone I don't want to. There is a feature called "CALL BLOCKING" that I'm trying to figure out right now to block Mr. Annoying from calling me. I don't have to keep picking up the phone hanging right up on you or just not answering your calls. Yes there is a better way.

I've done my tour of BS. I put up with a chauvinistic male for too many years and I will be darned if I am going to go through it again in any shape, form, or fashion. If you're that chauvinistic you need to seek the services of a man to help you do what you want to do. And I need you for what??? I don't owe you a dang thang. Read this: "I wanted to slap the crap out of you when you offered me $200 to perform a favor because I have pretty lips." It took everything in me to keep my composure then. It was by grace a call from my good friend came through and life was good and I was thankful.

I realize there is a big piece of me I need to work on. Any time I have discontent in my heart for anyone I know it is against my divine purpose to let disgraceful situations fester and sore within me. I'm praying Satan will get behind me and not prevail in my heart and soul over the actions of others which I cannot control.

Peace and a bye-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment