Monday, March 1, 2010

Yes - I've Limited Myself...

Today I changed the name of my blog once again. I changed it from Lynne's Lines - Hampton Roads Real Estate to Lynne's Lines - Hampton Roads Entrepreneur. I felt "Entrepreneur" better encompasses the goals and ambitions I have set for myself.
Additionally it does not limit me to one sector of the business market. It brings home a more personal approach to my business pursuits "Entrepreneurship". My focus and goals will be to establish multiple streams of income.

Somewhere along the way, like I did yesterday when I was out driving I took a detour. It is definitely time for me to get back on track. Part of the definition given on "Wikipedia" is: "Entrepreneur in English is a term applied to the type of personality who is willing to take upon herself or himself a new venture or enterprise and accepts full responsibility for the outcome.

Observers see them as being willing to accept a high level of personal, professional or financial risk to pursue opportunity."


I think this definition hits the nail on the head. I often attend business meetings, workshops, and seminars keeping up to date on what is happening in different areas of the local market. I spend a lot of time online reading, studying, and reviewing what others are doing to make their mark on the world.

My goal this week is to do get all the certifications and registrations in place to realize some of the business goals I want to achieve. I am a very energetic person who needs to stay active. I want to create my multiple streams of income rather than putting all my eggs in one basket that over the past year haven't had many eggs at all.

I can safely say I've put the wheels in motion, I'm just waiting for them to turn. Like a colleague said recently "A watched pot never boils." I need to let go and see what happens.

This week forward I'm going to concentrate on re-building my professional career. I have two degrees with honors and I am very business savvy. I have a solid foundation I just need to build upon it. There has been a reason for every season and I have learned a lot. I'm at the point where I realize I need to get back to basics of working a nine-to-five and earning a living. I want to retire one day. Maybe I can get back with one of the employment systems where I was previously vested and buy back my retirement options within the allotted time frame. I can honestly say I've expended everything over the past three years were at times I have been self-employed or underemployed to dual employed.

Now my mission is to embark on another career and see all the goodness life has to offer with being self-employed and gainfully employed. I did it before and the rewards all-around were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment