Saturday, May 9, 2015

Grandma, If We Could Have You Back for a Day!

In tribute to one of the strongest, toughest, most resilient people I had the honor to know in my lifetime, my grandmother, Lois Valentine Cowan:


On that day when the world seemed to pause;
We felt it immediately our loss to the cause.

Because you were wonderful and true;
Because you loved us and we loved you.

Your strength carried us through the years;
Now your fond memories helps dry our tears.

If we could have you back just for a day;
The words we left unsaid we probably still wouldn't say.

We would hug and cry and wish you well;
We would bask in your love and inhale your smell.

There would be no time to waste;
We would hurry to embrace your love without haste.

You'd probably look around and say do what you have to do;
I raised you well and it is up to you.

Cry no more wipe them tears away;
I left for a moment and I want you to make it to eternity one day.

I left you behind to finish this race;
Hold your head high and pick up the pace.

I see you've been doing as you please;
Take time out of your busy schedule and fall to your knees.

Ask God to shower you with his forgiveness and grace;
There is a life eternal after this and it is a wonderful place.

Grandma Lois, you are appreciated, I pray you are enjoying your heavenly rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment