Monday, April 20, 2015

Why Does Your Trauma have to be My Drama!

Men are a trip.  So I have decided to stop waiting for the inevitable and move forward with getting out and meeting someone who I feel I can spend the rest of my life with.  I am just too old to be playing games.  Then when an ex-boyfriend thinks they can get back in without a ring or a stronger commitment of it is just not happening.   I am hip to all the games.

My gut feelings is telling me the real issue with two guys who I have known at least one of them for 15 years a horrible truth lies underneath.  Both are single, and both are really eligible bachelors for all I know.  They are the type who are real hard on women.  They really have no compassion for women.  And definitely no real respect.

I have spent years on being there as a friend.  Even at one point when we were more than friends. But it felt like beating a dead horse to death. It is funny because I was on the phone talking to an friend recently and my son asked who was I talking to because I was so abrupt.  I really didn't realize I was being abrupt at all.  I think the years will do it to you.  

Mind you I haven't been intimate with either one for years.  One there will never ever be anything between us again. He is the low down type that is attracted to married women and laughs uncontrollably about how he has treated unmarried women in the past.  I don't and never did find it funny.  He always said if I stopped selling houses and had my house just in my name again he would marry me.  Too bad it took me too long to do either.

Now I just gone speculate a little bit.  Years later I find out the two guys know each other.  They used to work together.   The one told me the other had a bad reputation for how he would cut anybody down.  They even gave him a nickname to that affect.

Well now I am thinking because one admittedly and even motioned his hips that he would do a man.  I was appalled to say the least.  My children had always said he was gay from day one.  But now my gut feeling is telling me they know each other a little bit more than professionally.

I wish there was some lie detector test or some other gadget that could be used when you meet someone.  Personally, I seem to always pick the wrong one.  I am tired, I am frustrated, and I ain't getting no younger.  I don't have time for these foolish games.

That's reason number one why over the past three years I have become basically a loner.  I prayed to God that he would take the taste out of my mouth for feeling I need to be in a relationship or have companionship with any man.  Then as Murphy's Law would have it there was someone who I just had to see another challenge in which would have been worth the catch as so I thought.

But from here on out the men who send up a red flag by saying women ain't no good, mention anything about side pieces, and has no good history of establishing and staying in relationships I am just going to keep it moving forward I have no time for that.

This past week I had someone to catch me up on my bills and help me save my home.  I told him point blank I wasn't going to consider his proposition.  He is much older and I have grown much colder. He told me I am less mature than when he tried to be my friend twenty years ago.  Do I lose everything and save my soul or do I save everything and lose my soul?  I'll keep one little bit of my soul I have intact.  I ain't never need money like that.   I almost considered it an insult the little help he was offering compared to all he has.  He has always been a miser but I know he is very wealthy.  I told him no way unless there was a ring and a wedding.  I am not going out like that.  I am tired of in the meantime and in between time type situations.  And the use of the word "friend" is also a red flag.  I know how friends will do you.

So many men are hurt by the relationships they have with others.  I think they are even more hurt by the relationships they have with each other.  From my being a very attentive listener.  I heard two guys talking and they were comparing lists.  They basically date in the same circle of women.  How nasty I thought.  I definitely don't want to be a part of that.

They pass women around like they are loaning out a pair of golf clubs.  The ones I fault the most for the way these single men act nowadays is married women.  Married women seem to be at the top of their list of priorities.  Mainly because married women can't take nothing home and it means they don't have to do anything to maintain the connection.

Now as far as single women go, they want to be wined and dined, go to the movies, go on mini-vacations, and so much more.  The men are complaining what the women won't do and the women ain't happy with what the men are doing.

The downside of this all is that all this foolishness is doing nothing to make the family structure look favorable.  I think grown adults should concentrate on being families again.  It used to be a time when you could count on your mate like being a team member, you were on the same team.

I have found with these single men dating married women that they confide more in the married woman and talk about all the issues of the single women with them.  They don't realize the married women pass it on.  They think it is the single women ratting them out when it's not. I was told a few months back one single guy had ten women out on a string.  Then I thought with side pieces and main pieces how that can really be possible.

It is very traumatic the relationship scene of today.  Just pray for me that I find a good, caring, kind, considerate, passionate man to spend the rest of my life with.  I am tired of being alone but I be dang if I am going to be lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment